The Holy Cross Church, Quepem, Goa is called ‘Santa Cruz Igreja em Quepem, Goa’ in Portuguese. The Holy Cross Church, Quepem is popularly known as ‘The Quepem Church’ locally in Goa. The Quepem church was originally a primitive chapel constructed in 1825.
The Quepem Chapel was built by Canon Jose Paulo da Costa Pereira de Almeida. Canon Jose Paulo da Costa Pereira de Almeida was the Dean of the Cathedral chapter. The Quepem Chapel was affiliated to the parish of Paroda till it grew and needed to have a parish of its own.
The Holy Cross Church, Quepem became a parish church by the provision of February 5, 1883. Significant repairs were made to the original structure of the Holy Cross Church Quepem in 1889 and in 1983 a porch was added to the Quepem Church building.